Housing sites in Madison
Public Housing was established to provide decent and safe rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities. The Community Development Authority (CDA) provides Public Housing for residence only in the City of Madison.
The CDA owns and operates 742 units of low-rent public housing in 40 locations throughout the City of Madison. Under the Public Housing program, the CDA gives a preference when the head of household, the spouse, or the co-head is elderly (62 years of age or older) or is a person with disabilities. The CDA also gives priority when there are minor children in the household. Click here to learn more about public housing in Madison
Public Housing Authority Contact List
Public Housing Options
Madison’s East Side
Tenney Park Apartments
- 300 block of North Baldwin Street on the Near East side of Madison.
- Located near Tenney Park
Madison’s West Side
- The CDA’s Public Housing Triangle Site is centrally located in Madison and is comprised of Brittingham Apartments and Gay Braxton Apartments.
- Located by Park Street, West Washington Street, and Regent Street.
- Close to downtown Capitol area, and the shores of Lake Monona.
- The Bayview International Center for Education and the Arts serves as the local community center.
Madison’s West Side
- 540 West Olin Avenue on the South side of Madison.
- Overlooks the Capitol, Lake Monona and the Frank Lloyd Wright Convention Center.
- Beautifully landscaped with a park-like setting, including an open courtyard and flower garden.
- The South Madison Coalition of the Elderly (SMCE) provides monthly senior center programs and activities at Romnes, as well as a meal program 5 days a week.
- Romnes has a community room available for resident parties, family events, and other occasions.
- On-site management and maintenance are also located at the complex.
From local to national programs, we can assist you in your housing search.
View a list of companies in the area that are actively hiring.
View a list of local and national help programs.